The position requires the ability to think in three dimensions and an expertise with substrates, production methods and costs for products/processes utilized in environmental graphic design. The right candidate will have experience with strategic project planning, strong conceptual design skills and budget management.
We seek well-rounded design professionals and expect excellent client and presentation skills. Our studio’s process is collaborative and requires strong communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Client interaction: Relates to client needs, both spoken and unspoken.
- Art direction: supervising and guiding other team members to unify the creative vision.
- Project management: planning, organizing, securing, managing, leading, and controlling resources to achieve specific goals.
- Presentation skills: confidence and capability to give good presentations. Able to express creative thoughts articulately in internal brainstorms and client presentations.
- Creativity: ability to generate innovative ideas and verbally and visually express creative thoughts.
- Technology: knowledgeable about emerging and advanced technologies for the design industry - solutions, specifications, costs and installation information.
- Technical skills: fluent in preparation, review and specifications of production art, thorough understanding of architectural drawings, and preparation of and knowledge of design development drawings.
- Accountability: acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions, decisions, tasks and deadlines.
- Brand stewardship: strategic thinker for advancement of studio and client’s brands.
- Client knowledge: knowledgeable about our client industry, specifically sport industry as it relates to our sport clients.
- Design trends: knowledgeable about current trends and design excellence in global community of design.
- Business mindset: Understands and works to increase profitability.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS + SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, environmental graphic design or related field
- 6+ years experience in EGD/signage/wayfinding design and production
- Thorough experience with site analysis and programming for complex wayfinding, interpretive and sport-related environments
- Ability to develop and implement interior and exterior signage packages (sign drawings, location plans, and schedules)
- Possess a strong in-depth understanding of production methods, materials and fabrication techniques, ability to turn design concepts into detailed development and construction intent drawings
- Experience leading and managing architectural and EGD projects from conceptual development through implementation/installation
- Comprehension of architectural scales, sections, plans and elevations. Must be able to read and interpret architectural documents and shop drawings
- Collaborative process with good communication skills that works well in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both cooperatively or autonomously
- Provide design direction, training, and feedback during all phases of a project
- Encourage design excellence and a high level of professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong client and presentation skills
- Manage client expectations with clear communications and confident leadership
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including CADTools
- SketchUp and SignAgent Pro a plus
- Position may require travel
Infinite Scale is a sports design consultancy specializing in comprehensive design solutions for the world’s most attended sports venues and witnessed sporting events. Infinite Scale creates the fan experience through brand activation, signage systems, environmental graphics, and partner integration. Our solutions help to make the spectacle of sports more enjoyable, memorable, accessible and distinctive, increasing the value of some of the world’s most cherished franchises and brands.
This position is on-site. We are located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City in the Newhouse building, which is one of the Beaux-Arts twin structures considered Utah’s first skyscrapers. Salt Lake brims with history, art, culture, entertainment and recreation - all in a beautiful location at the foot of Utah’s Wasatch Mountains. The city combines the amenities of a large metro area within minutes of year round sports and recreation options.
Our national and international clients rely on us to continue to be pioneers in our field as we produce award-winning design on a grand scale. Our growing design team and our exciting high-profile projects make for an unmatched work environment.